Tuesday 24 April 2012

Nature

To me it seems like a lot of people take nature for granted, or they haven't experienced it. In a city you don't experience the howling wind through the trees or the snap of twigs under rabbit feet or witness great carnivores. In the country, people have all of this and more and they take it for granted. I don't know why people can't see the trueness of nature in all it's sustainability and respect it. I mean, we can't even sustain ourselves at the rate we are going right now. And when we do encounter nature, we act as if it is the strange one, like we own it. This is a factor that needs to change, nature is beautiful, all we need to do is stop and look.



Behold

He stares straight through me
From the shining snowy peak
He says not; nor do I
As if I were the passer-by

I see him twitch
Nervous, nervous, I start to itch
He so dangerous stands majestically
I stand shaking uncontrollably

His eyes drip like gold
Visual wisdom as though he's old
I compare not close enough
I barely breathe but to puff

Then he moves on
His light so bright had shone
Though to him I meant not
As so much better he hast caught

But, Oh, Sir Wolf I thank thee
For even appearing just to me
You, not beheld by much others
Nature is now too my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment