Monday 30 April 2012

Heroism

Ever envisioned yourself saving someone? Making it all better for them and keeping them encased in your arms so that no harm could ever come to them? We all have this idea of heroism, of ultimate strength. This comes from love I think, because when you love someone the last thing you want to see happen is to have them in pain. We all want to be our lover's hero, and that's where "if" comes in, because if only we could keep them safe in our hearts.



If there was Strength

If I could,
I would keep you,
Keep you forever,
Forever in my arms,
My arms would keep you safe,
Safe from the world.

If I could,
I would fly,
Fly like a superhero,
A superhero to rescue you,
Rescue you whenever you've need,
Need me?

If I could,
I would kiss you,
Kiss you like it was final,
Final time for the rest,
The rest of eternity,
Eternity spent with you

If I could,
I would burn,
Burn with love,
Love too strong to be broken,
Broken isn't reality,
Reality would be you.

I will, 
Because I can,
Can keep you close forever,
Forever in my arms,
My arms will keep you safe,
Safe from the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment